Date of Birth: 1.7.1968, Athens, Greece
Home Address: 3 Alamanas street, 153 42, Ag.Paraskevi Athens Greece
Tel.: +30 210-6019169, +306932351604(mobile)
Work Address: 9 Gelonos str , Kolonaki, 115 21
Tel.: +30 2130-247767, +30 2130-291206
Marital Status: Married, 3 sons.
1994-1991: PhD in European Competition Law. Faculty of Law, University of Munich: "Wettbewerbsbeschraekende Massnahmen der Mitgliedstaaten und EWG - Vertrag. Ihre Vereinbarkeit am Beispiel der Banken", (“State Measures that restrict competition in the banking sector), ("summa cum laude"). Doktorvater Prof. Dr. Dr. W.Fikentscher.
1994-1991: Grant from the University of Athens (Oikonomidou Foundation) for post-graduate studies in Germany
1992: Postgraduate degree with mention from the Law Faculty of the Munich University (Ludwig Maximilian University) on the fundamental principles of civil and public laws.
1991: J.D. Degree (4 year duration) from the Faculty of Law, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
II. ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE and Qualifications
Today: Associate Professor of Commercial and Business Law, Faculty of Law, University of Athens (since 2015)
2014-2007: Assistant Professor of Commercial and Business Law, Faculty of Law, University of Athens
2007-2001: Lecturer in Commercial and Business Law, Faculty of Law, University of Athens (emporiko.law.uoa.gr, www.law.uoa.gr)Lecturer in Industrial Property Law, Competition Law -undergraduate courses; Lecturer in Banking Law and Capital Market Law -undergraduate courses; co-lecturer in Industrial Property and Competition Law, Capital Market and Banking Law post-graduate courses; co-lecturer in Energy/Telecommunications Law, Regulation and Competition Law- post-graduate courses, co-lecturer in Finance and Corporate Law in post-graduate courses. Teaching Antitrust Law and Banking Law at the Erasmus Program.
2012-2011: Research Stay, Faculty of Law, University of Bonn
2010-2009: Research Stay, Max- Planck Institute, Hamburg
2010: Visiting Scholar at UPenn (University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, USA), July-August 2010.
Today-1992: Scientific Fellow at the Max Planck Institute, Munich, on Innovation and Competition in 1992-1994, 1998-1999, 2000-2001, 2016-2017.
2007-2006: Research Stay, Faculty of Law, University of Mainz (Institute for Banking Law and Capital Market Law)
III. PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
Today: Attorney at Law. Admitted in the Athens Bar Association in 1992 [since 2001 entitled to plead before the Supreme Court] .She is a founding partner at Mikroulea/Staikouras Law Firm in Athens
Today: Attorney at the Legal Service of the National Bank of Greece since 1997 (Head of the Competition Law Department and Contract Department)
May 2017-: Board of Director –Non Executive of Athens Medical Group (Iatriko Athinon)
2016-2007 Special Expert at Hellenic Bank Association for Competition Law issues
2015-2009 Special Expert at Hellenic Public Power Corporation (DEI) for competition law issues
2009-2007 Representative of Hellenic Bank Association to EPC Legal Support Group (European Payment Council)
2003-2000 Member of Hellenic Competition Committee
2000-1997 Special Expert at Hellenic Competition Committee
1999-1997 Legal Advisor of the Greek Minister of Commerce and Industry for competition issues
Practice areas: Civil Law, Commercial Law, Banking Law, Competition and Antitrust Law, Corporate Law, Trademark and Patent Law, Copyright Law, Insurance Law, Capital Market Law, European Union Law.
IV. MEMBERSHIPS, AFFILIATIONS AND ACTIVITIES AS AN EXPERT
• Member of FIDE (Federation International de Droit Europeen). Greek Association of European Law
• Member of the German Association for Banking Law (Bankrechtliche Vereinigung)
• Alumni of Max-Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition, Munich Germany
• Member of the Institute for Studies in Competition Law and Policy (IMEDIPA)
• National Rapporteur in FIDE, Budapest 2016, "Private Enforcement, Collective Redress and Competition Law".
• Expert Associate at the Max Planck Institute, Munich, on Innovation and Competition (1992-1994, 1998-¬1999, 2000-2001, 2016-2017).
• Consultancy on a project for Collective Redress and Competition Law led by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL) on behalf of European Commission (May-August 2017). Evaluation of the state of collective redress in the EU in the context of the implementation of the Recommendation of the Commission on common principles for injunctive and compensatory collective redress mechanisms.
• Visiting Scholar at UPenn (University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, USA), July-August 2010.
• National Rapporteur in FIDE XXIV, Madrid 2010, "The judicial Application of Competition Law".
• Member of the EPC Legal Support Group (European Payment Council), representative of Hellenic Bank Association (2007-2009)
• Member of ASCOLA (Academic Society for Competition Law) International Forum for well- known academics and Professors in the field of Competition Law since 2007.
• Member of the law-making committees on issues pertaining to competition law, banking law, capital market law, trademarks, consumer protection and insurance laws.
• Conducted training for judges in competition law (Thessaloniki, Athens)
• Member of the Examining Committee of Athens Bar Association (in the field of Commercial and Business Law) (2005-)
• Member of the State Examining Committee for the selection of Legal Counsels and Experts in the field of Commercial and Business Law -Ministry of Defense (2008-2009)
• Member of the State Examining Board for the selection of Civil Court Judges (in the field of Commercial and Business Law) 2011-2012 and 2007-2008
• Member of the Hellenic Competition Committee (2000 - 2003).
• Special Expert at the Competition Committee (1997 - 2000).
• Regular collaborator and member of the scientific committee of: the monthly law review "Company and Business Law" (in Greek); the quarterly law review "Commercial Law Review" (in Greek);
• Member of the editing board of the law review "Private Insurance Law Review" (in Greek);
• Member of the Hellenic Association of Commercial Law Attorneys;
• Member of EMEOD (Society for the Study of Commercial and Financial Law)
• (National) Reporter at conferences in Greece and abroad.
• Scope of Managers' Duties and Liability during the financial crisis, Athens 2013 (in Greek)
• Civil Liability of Banks in payment transactions and funds transfers, Athens 2007 (in Greek)
• Utility Models. The right of minor inventions to protection (article 19 of Law 1733/1987) (in Greek) – Athens 1999 (in Greek).
• "Wettbewerbsbeschraekende Maßnahmen der Mitgliedstaaten und EWG-Vertrag. Ihre Vereinbarkeit am Beispiel der Banken", Nomos Universitaesschtiften/Recht, nr. 184, 1995 (in German).
Β. Articles/ Contributions to collective works
• Group of Companies, Binding instructions to a subsidiary, Liability issues, Financial Law Review 2017, p. 14 (in Greek).
• Non- Performing Loans and Banks, Competition issues and Capital Market Law issues, Commercial Law Review 2017, p. 214 (in Greek).
• Banking Law (Public and Private Banking Law), 2016 (in collaboration with Rokas/Gortsos/Livada), (in Greek)
• Collective Redress in European Competition Law, ZWER 2016, 388 (in English)
• Collective Redress and Private Enforcement in Competition Law, FIDE Congress in Budapest 2016, published in Conference proceedings (in English).
• “When the State harms Competition”, ZWeR2015, 265 (in English).
• Dominance and Monopolies in Greece, in Maurits Dolmans (ed.), The Dominance and Monopolies Review, 3nd edition, 2015, p. 174 (in English).
• Corporate Governance In Banking Sector after the CRD IV Directive, in Financial Law Review (XriDik) 2014, p.9 (in Greek).
• Agreements that restrict competition by object and effect, in Tzouganatos (eds.) Competition Law, 2013, p. 238 (in Greek).
• Binding effect of NCA’s Decisions in Tzouganatos (eds.) Competition Law, 2013, p.1032 (in Greek).
• Documentary Credit, Letter of Guarantee, Credit Transfer, Factoring, Leasing in "Banking Law", N. Rokas/Gortsos (eds.), 2012 (in Greek).
• Merger Remedies in the Hellenic Competition Committee's Practice, 21th Hellenic Conference of Greek Commercial Law Attorneys, (Thessaloniki, 2011), published in the Conference Proceedings 2012, p. 237 (in Greek)
• Competition Law and Financial Crisis, Mélanges Prof. N.Rokas, 2012, p. 519 (in Greek).
• The Judicial Application of Competition Law in Greece, FIDE XXIV 2010, published in Conference proceedings Vol. 2, p. 231 (in English).
• National Competition Authorities' Decisions and Civil courts, Private Enforcement, Studies in Memoriam of Prof. Kousoulis, 2011 (in Greek)
• Case Allocation in Antitrust and Collaboration between the National Competition Authorities and the European Commission, in Lianos/Kokoris, The reform of EC Competition Law, Kluwer 2010 (in English).
• Redeemable Shares, Analysis of Art. 17 of L. 2190/1920, in Perakis (ed.), L. 2190/1920, Athens 2010 (in Greek)
• Commitments and Competition Law, in Lianos/Kokkoris, 3rd International Conference of Competition, Athens , Athens 2009 (in Greek)
• Criminalization and Competition Law, in Business and Company Law Review, 2009, p. 529 (in Greek).
• Competition and Public Service in Greek Cabottage, in Antapassis/Athanassiou/Rosaeg, Competition and Regulation in Shipping and Shipping Related Industries, 2009 (in English).
• Concerted Practices in oligopolistic markets, in Business and CompanyLaw Review 2009, p. 471 (in Greek).
• The abuse of dominant position under article 2, Law 703/77, Private Law Chronicles VI/2006, p. 5 (in Greek).
• Verbandsklage auf Schadensersatz im griechischen Verbraucherschutzgesetz, Melanges Prof. Georgiadis 2005, (in German).
• "Independence of auditors in the business organization", 13th Hellenic Conference of Greek Commercial Law Attorneys, (Corfu, 7-9 November 2003), published in the Conference Proceedings, Athens 2004, p. 524 ff (in Greek).
• Ethics in the financial sector (in Greek), Studies in Memoriam of Prof. Michalis Minoudis, 2004, p. 433 ff (in Greek).
• B2B electronic markets and competition law (in Greek), Melanges Prof. Lambros Kotsiris, Thessaloniki 2004, p. 659 ff.(in Greek).
• Legal Issues in car insurance policies-Contract Termination, in Civil Liability and Car Accidents, Athens 2004, p. 197ff. (in Greek).
• Analysis of article 10, Law 2190/1920, in Perakis (ed.), Company Law, vol. 2Α, Athens 2003 (in Greek).
• Shipping Company and Board members, in Shipping Company, Contemporary Matters, Athens 2003, p. 89 ff. (in Greek)
• Codes of Ethics in the Insurance Sector, in Private Insurance Law Review 2003, p. 11 ff. (in Greek).
• Banks as Investment Firms (and the issue of margin account), 11th Hellenic Conference of Greek Commercial Law Attorneys on "Societe Anonyme and Investor Protection" Rhodes 2001, published in the Conference Proceedings, Athens 2002, p. 355 ff. (in Greek).
• Advertisement Law and Internet, Business and Company Law Review 2001, p.1091 ff. (in Greek).
• Analysis of Articles 74, 76 and 80 of the L. 2190/1920 (on public held corporations) participation in Ε. Peraris (ed.), The Law of Public –held Corporations, 8th vol. (in Greek).
• Competition Law and agreements on service providers/ access to telecom networks, Commercial Law Review 2001, issue 3, p. 436 ff. (in Greek).
• Biotechnology invention patents (in view of the new Directive on Biotechnology), Commercial Law Review 2000, issue 2, p. 245 ff. (in Greek).
• Competition law in Copyright collective management organizations, Commercial Law Review 1999, p. 452 ff. (in Greek).
• "Product Placement" as a form of fair or unfair advertisement, in Commercial Law Review 1998, p. 197 ff. (in Greek)
• Unfair Competition and contract violations, in Ν. Rokas (ed.), Unfair Competition, Athens 1996 (in Greek).
• "On going Concern Value", 10th Hellenic Conference of Greek Commercial Law Attorneys, Iraklion, Crete (November 2000), published in the Conference Proceedings, 2001, p. 525 (in Greek).
C. Comments / Opinions
• Rejection of complaint, lack of community interest, obligation of motivation: How does that all fit together? Journal of Competition Law and Practice, 2011 (in English).
• One-Member Court of First Instance of Thessaloniki Nr. 8031/2005, Commercial Law Review 2005, p. 399 (Comment on Guarantee function of the trademark).
• Multi-Member Court of First Instance of Korinthos Nr. 80/2003, Business and Company Law Review 2003, p. 963 (Comment on mutual funds)
• Decision Nr. 1250/2001, Private Insurance Law Review (2003, p. 153 (Comment on insurance contract termination)
• Decision Nr. 1738/2001, Private Insurance Law Review 2003, p. 288 (insurer's non-liability in the event of contract cancellation)
• One-Member Court of First Instance of Athens 10216/2001, Commercial Law Review 2001, p. 164 (Comment on reverse confusion risk)
• Athens Court of Appeals Nr. 9428/1999, Business and Company Law Review 4/2000, p. 389ff. ( trademark and confusion)
• Decision Τ-198/1998, dated 16.12.1999, Micro leader Business, Business and Company Law Review 5/2000, p. 507ff. (abuse of dominance and software)
• Hellenic Competition Committee Nr. 111/ΙΙ/2000, Commercial Law Review 2000, p. 407ff. (consumer rights and competition law)
• One-Member Court of First Instance of Athens Nr. 3597/2000, Commercial
Law Review 2000, p. 566ff. (unfair competition and unlawful removal of employees)
• HCC Nr. 36/ΙΙ/1999, Commercial Law Review 1999, p. 599 ff. (assessment of merger case)
• HCC Nr. 45/ΙΙ/1999, Commercial Law Review 1999, p. 607ff. (distortion of competition)
• One-Member Court of First Instance of Lamia Nr. 375/1999, Commercial
Law Review 1999, p. 838ff. (unfair competition law and tort)
• HCC Nr. 53/1997, Commercial Law Review 1998, p. 181 (abuse of dominance)
• HCC Nr. 114/1998, Commercial Law Review 1998, p. 686 (joint venture and competition assessment)
• Multi-Member Court of First Instance of Thessaloniki Nr. 14944/1997, Commercial Law Review 1997, p. 821 ff. (abuse of dominance and market definition)
• Administrative Court of Appeals Nr. 459/1997, Commercial Law Review 1997, p. 596 ff. (binding effect of Court of Appeals annulment decision to HCC)
Greek (native), German, English, French.
7Telephone: +30 213 0247 767 ,+30 213 0247 767 , 213 0247 767 ,Law ,Δικηγόρος Σταϊκούρας , Δικηγόρος Μικρουλέα ,Law Staikouras , Law Mikroulea ,ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION ,BANKING AND FINANCE LAW ,COMPETITION LAW ,ENERGY law , INDUSTRIAL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY , CORPORATE LAW ,MERGERS law , ACQUISITIONS law ,Law Staikouras greece, Law Mikroulea greece ,ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION greece ,BANKING AND FINANCE LAW greece ,COMPETITION LAW greece ,ENERGY law greece, INDUSTRIAL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY greece , CORPORATE LAW greece ,MERGERS law greece , ACQUISITIONS law greece